Just because we “get” something intellectually doesn’t mean we truly believe it or think it’s possible for us.
And even if we get it intellectually, AND believe it—sometimes we forget to practice it or implement into our lives.
Can you relate?
I was reminded of this very glaringly this weekend when I returned from a life changing trip to San Diego.
This trip was a reunion with some very powerful women. Women who are movers and shakers in their careers, families, communities and spiritual lives.
We laughed, cried, journaled, set powerful intentions and generally fit about 2 years of deep personal work in 4 days.
In a nutshell—we moved some mountains.
But I didn’t realize how truly transformational it was until I got home and started seeing the power of intention already working miracles in my life.
And not just my life—but those closest to me as well.
I won’t get into the nitty- gritty of the miracles that unfolded, but suffice to say that it was a massive, miraculous shift : )
The powerful intentions I set while in San Diego had already begun shifting things in a matter of days.
So what the heck is an intention and how can you get moving on it so YOU can move a few mountains yourself (or at the very least create change)?
A standard, text book definition of an intention is this—
- A thing intended; an aim or plan.
But a more fitting definition from a manifesting perspective would be—
- An intention is a desire, dream or goal that you passionately envision creating in your life. It’s something that you may not physically see evidence of right now, but through creating a detailed vision about what you want—you create an energy which open doors to making it real. It’s the process of turning a dream into reality.
For example—it’s creating a “day-dream” or written statment about what your soul mate is like—right down to every last detail. What color is his hair? What clothes is he wearing when you first meet him? Color of his eyes? The tone of his voice. The way you feel when he looks at you.
It can be a written story or internal vision you create about all the wealth you have—even though your checking account says otherwise.
It’s confidence in knowing what you want is on it’s way—even though you may not see evidence of it.
But how do you get yourself to feel something or envision something so clearly when it feels forced, faked or fabricated?
Here are a few things that you can implement right away that can help you with this—
- First off—change the perspective on it being fake, forced or fabricated. Have fun with it and approach it with a youthful, curious mindset. Do young kids feel bad about daydreaming? Be a kid about it. Dream away.
- See it as a gift—you have creative control in your life and can have a HUGE impact on what happens by choosing to focus on what you want, rather than seeing what you don’t want (advanced manifesting topic which I will cover in an upcoming mini course)
- Place the focus on what it feels like to ALREADY HAVE that thing in your life. Stay with that feeling.
Intentionsetting also has an element of letting go which is critical to getting the results you want.
Many people are actually better at this than they think, but they have unconscious, self sabotaging energy and beliefs that chase away the dream that showed up for them (more on this in the next broadcast : )
Intention setting—when done right—is another powerful tool in your arsenal for living a good life.
And who doesn’t want to have a life where you actually get to live your dreams, rather than just dreaming them?
It’s even better than moving mountains.
Your turn now. What’s your relationship with intention setting? Is it something you’re doing? A little, a lot, not at all? I’d love to know.
Holy smokes people, The 2 Choices will be available next week. Yippee! Yahoo! Woohoo! Heck yah! About time!
The process of writing this book was a step into more of the truth of who I am—not just me, Carrie Jolie Dale, but ME— the soul who came here to experience the fullness, the beauty and the true splendor of life.
The ME who came here to grow, to live, to surrender, to push through doubt and fear, to feel what it feels like to stretch beyond what I think I can do and go to places I never thought I could.
Will my book change history? Mmmmm, maybe not. But that would be super cool!
But what it will do is place another little ray o’sunshine in the world because another little soul here answered the call of her soul (that would be me).
I followed my truth, believed and I surrendered.
I believed, even when I wanted to quit, to throw in the towel and give up. Because, the truth is, it wasn’t easy. It was hard. There were days I wanted to sit under a tree and watch bugs rather than sit, write and figure out marketing, font styles, cover designs and networking.
And what I want you to know, and what I want to impress on you very, very strongly, is that it feels SO GOOD to be (almost) on the other side of this journey.
I want to simply be a reminder, a gentle nudge, a pleasant suggestion or a strong, firm voice in your head—that you can do it.
You can write your book, paint you masterpiece, forgive that person, lose that weight, eat that cake (a little dorky rhyme there) and you can be you, simply YOU….and that’s all that is required to live an outstanding life.
Is it always easy to be truly who we are? No. Will people be angry at you for stepping into your truth? Maybe.
But when we are beacons of light for our truths, it feels better. Plus, when we allow our brilliance to shine, it reminds others that they can too!
Be you. Choose you. Choose that thing that lights you up. Choose to do that thing, say that thing, go to that place. Choose to let go of what doesn’t feed and nurture your soul and walk gently and so knowingly into the YOU that you are here to be.
p.s Oh, the book launch. You can buy the book next Thursday! I will send more details as the day approaches, but what would be so cool and uber appreciated is if you could spread the word, the gospel, share the love and let everyone you know that you think may like this book, to buy the book on July 31st!
I recently returned from a dream trip to Tuscany, Italy and Lyon, France. All I can say is—WOW!!
Actually, I can say more that that.
Although I found myself sick (with a fever) in France, I still thoroughly enjoyed this trip. I was able to find the best while being in my version of paradise, even not feeling well.
And doing my laundry in Tuscany? Talk about a mundane task just seeming different in paradise. Never has doing laundry felt so . . . romantic.
What if every day, no matter where we find ourselves, be it our dream place, or our day to day life, we treat it is as if it were our paradise?
What if we could take the magic we feel when we are in those dream places and infuse it into our day to day experiences?
It’s the idea of creating and owning your “dream space” in the midst of —whatever.
Possible? Yes, Absolutely!
I discovered how I could still enjoy a fever in France and Laundry in Tuscany. It’s the idea of making every moment your first class moment, even thought you might be crammed in coach with a crying baby behind you (metaphorically and literally).
It’s the ability to find the calm in eye of the storm, the beauty in each and every moment + the marvelous in the mundane.
That is what manifesting is all about. It’s about having a high vibration (good energy, good mood, positive thoughts, feeling good) no matter what.
So here is the take away and things you can use to attract more goodies, more paradise and more magic in your life.
- Wherever + whatever situation you find yourself in, dig deep to find the beauty in it. This isn’t always easy, because we want to digress to the ” but it really, really sucks…BAD!!!” attitude. I know. I get it. But if you want to get this manifesing thing down, this is the first step. You have to be able to get into your happy place even when it’s shitty. It’s like any new exercise program . . . it hurst at first, but will eventually get better, and better and better. Then before you know it you are a manifesing ninja with a brazillian butt.
- When you are in that less than desireable place, just stop and rememebr something incredible, amazing, and beautiful. Sit and medititate on that thing that just makes you smile, no matter what. Stay in that space for at least 60 seconds. Do this repeatdly in times of crisis or the blues.
- Buy a baguette! Ok, or do something that mimics an experience that you love or loved. For me, it’s anything French. Even thought I might not physically be there, I can go to my favorite local french bakery and indulge. I can put on some french music or snuggle up with a French book. It gets me in that happy zone. Find your happy zone. Repeat and enjoy.
The point is, to enjoy paradise when you are there and to turn your everyday into paradise, or close to it. It’s the practice and art of keeping your energy and vibration high, no matter what.
p.s. leave a comment, or share on social media! I love to hear from you. Want to learn more about living your life full throttle, no excuses? I coach women how to be, do and have it all—with the power of choice. Grow your business, live the life you desire and experience the health, wealth and personal growth you are meant to have.
I was recently interviewed by Julie with Live Vibrantly Today. I LOVED chatting with her and wasn’t the least bit nervous. I felt completely relaxed and really in the moment.
But I noticed things that I was doing during the interview, that I will definitely do differently next time. One thing I noticed was that I blinked too often and I licked my lips too much! Yikes!
So, why am I posting this video of my rapid eye blinking and lip licking??? Because it’s ok!
It’s ok to mess up, to make mistakes and look silly when we are putting ourselves out there and stepping into new things.
Five year ago, I would have NEVER posted this video and I would have picked myself apart to no end. What I got out of this experience was amazing on so many levels. I truly loved connecting with Julie, speaking my truth and talking about something very dear to my heart . . . manifesting and conscious choices.
I guess I just got so wrapped up in the moment that licking my lips and blinking were a side effect of my excitement!!
And here’s the deal—just do what you love. Don’t worry about being perfect and definitely don’t worry about what other people will think. This is YOUR life. Do what you want, dream your dreams, be goofy, make mistakes and just stay weird.
Or stay normal . . . whatever floats your boat. Because at the end ot the day, it won’t be so much about what others thought about you, it will be how you feel about you.
Do what makes you feel good. Do what makes your heart sing. Do what will leave you feeling like your life mattered.
Choose you. And from that, you will choose others, choose connection, choose community, choose service, and choose living a life well worth living.
Make weird videos. Learn. Grow. And hey, don’t beat yourself up if it’s not perfect. Who cares?
Laugh and move on.
Enjoy and share this with others please!
Last week I talked about hiring a coach or mentor to up level your life and business. Now that you have that perfect coach or mentor, we need to chat a little bit about the copycat syndrome.
As I am sure you can gather from the name, the copycat syndrome, is when, well . . . we copy people in our life or business.
Now why the heck would we do such a thing?
Gosh, we just found this dreamy coach that has this dialed in message, they have this unbelievable brand and clearly they have it all figured out. And you say, “ I want what they have! If I just do what they are doing, I will get their results! Right?”
Wrong! Well, partially wrong.
It’s not that simple. I mean, yes, there are obviously things you might want to consider copying or maybe a better word would be following—like advice on how to market, the practical how-to stuff of running a business or amazing life.
But what I am not talking about is copying websites, content, their personal style, their wording, their programs or offerings—or their ideas.
We’ve all heard the saying “Imitation is the highest form of flattery” but is it really?
Marketing ideas, branding ideas, things to help with the logistical aspects of running a business or having a masterful life. Yes, take that advice and integrate it into your life, but done be a copycat.
It screams that you don’t truly believe in you.
Here are some things to consider in regards to not falling into the copycat syndrome:
- Make your business + life your own. Your authenticity (or being real) is what will attract people and it’s what will make you stand out in the sea of online gurus, marketers and entrepreneurs. Copying someone else’s deal with only drive people away from you. Plus, it’s just lame.
- Its’ most easy to fall into this trap when you aren’t feeling confident, feeling a bit lost in your life and business or are just getting started in a new venture. So, remember to choose you. Choose self-care, tuning everything else out and just BEING with you. Meditate. Find yourself damnit!
- Remember to notice what you like about others and then find your unique spin on it. For example, say you really like how a coach does mostly online videos rather than blog posts. You prefer that too. You notice that they do a weekly Q and A, or something like that. DON’T copy their mannerisms or their format—do something really YOU.
- What do you love? What do people seek you out for? What would you do regardless if people paid you for it, or even knew about it? Music? Art? Cooking? Jokes? What makes you special? Capitalize on your gifts, your strengths and your passions. Use it. Find an interesting way to incorporate that into your business.
- I have found in my life and coaching business, that we people are in that “ I don’t know, I can’t figure it out, I am not sure” phase, that what they are really saying is that they are out of touch with what they want and out of touch with themselves. If you feel that way often, then I would get coaching on exactly that topic. It is beyond liberating to break free of that tormenting voice of “I don’t know.” Because the truth is—you do know.
- Take a break from everyone else’s newsletters, suggestions and idea for awhile. Get off the guru hopping! If you really can’t access YOUR voice, you need to tune the other ones out for a while to find YOU in there. Give it a break. Choose to find you by stepping away from all the other information.
In some respects, most everything is recycled information. Someone just finds a way to put his or her unique spin on it.
So, I understand that it can be hard to avoid the copycat syndrome in some respects. Sometimes it happens and people don’t even realize it, but mostly, it happens because we aren’t listening to our truths, our voices, our passions + inner fire.
Being successful in life or in your business is about being successful with you. You come first.
Being real is about being you, not about trying to be like someone else—that’s already being done. Be you, 100%, homegrown organic. That is what people are going to find the most charismatic, alluring and well, real.
Merci et xxoo
Carrie Jolie Dale