For all you biz owners out there who blog on a regular basis—how are you feeling about it?
Bored? Like no one is listening? Like you are writing your blog posts for yourself, or that it just isn’t lighting your fire anymore?
How about those of you who are browsers of blogs—what keeps you going back? What keeps you away? What keeps you interested or enthralled?
How do we, as online entrepreneurs and coaches—turn browsers into believers and/or buyers?
Here are 6 tips to keep your blog posts interesting and producing results (because there is little point in doing it if we aren’t getting the results we desire).
- Choose a topic or subject that you are genuinely interested in and know well. You can’t keep yourself or others interested and coming back to your blog if you aren’t 100% confident in your topic. You are the expert, you are the content creator, so make it matter. Even if it’s a topic that isn’t totally related to your expertise, make sure you have done your research on it before you write about it or review it.
- Choose a unique way to present it! Instead of just creating a blog post, maybe do a weekly vlog to mix it up. Many successful online entrepreneurs have moved to a combination of blogging and vlogging. Be unique and true to you! This isn’t about copying others out there. It’s about finding your unique way to present it. Use a combination of inspiration and information.
- Create a clear plan and vision for your blog/vlog. Create a regular schedule, and then do your best to stick with it.
- Analyze your content and see what’s creating a buzz and what’s not. What blog posts are getting more comments and responses? Consider creating similar or related content for your more popular posts.
- Ask! Ask you subscribers what they like and don’t like. What’s useful and whats not so useful? You can use something like survey monkey to create a quick survey and send it out to your list.
- Don’t become a slave to it. The purpose of having a blog is to engage, educate and inspire your audience. If you aren’t accomplishing those things—switch it up. There is no point in doing the same thing over and over again if it’s not getting you closer to what you want and making you feel good. There is no point in spending time creating blog posts each week if it feeels like a drain. Use your imagination. Get creative with it!
Creating useful, interesting, juicy content is the thing that will turn our browsers into believers…and then potential buyers. But in this land of information overload, you have to find a way to deliver content that is practical and purposeful. Blogs and vlogs are how we connect with our peeps. It’s how we build trust and showcase our expertise.
If we aren’t into it, our readers aren’t gonna feel it either.
If you aren’t offering a little more than just information—then your readers (or watchers) will get bored….and so will you.
What does this have to do with choosing wiser and living larger?
If we want success, happiness, health, growth—all those good things—then we need to infuse passion and our authenticity into every aspect of our lives. That includes our business, our products, our blog posts . . . all of it! And for the blog/vlog readers—it’s important for you to spend your time reading and watching things that really do it for you! No more wasting time on things that don’t truly serve us.
An amazing life and business is really just a choice away. Learning how to really listen to who we are, what we desire and then going for it, is the key to living a powerful, passion filled life. It’s the key to manifesting a life of health, prosperity and happiness.
Yes please, I will take that! How about you?
Are you on board to make more (money, happiness + dreams come true), play more and work less?
Who wouldn’t want this? Isn’t this the ultimate definition of success?
And the honest to goodness truth, for me, is that I LOVE my work so much, that it feels like play to me. I found a way to turn my work into something I love and enjoy rather than a “have to,” a bummer or a disconnect from my bigger truth.
It didn’t used to be this way though. . .
I felt I had to sacrifice, struggle and do things that didn’t really turn me on in order to make it.
And I was miserable, disconnected, bored and dead inside. Can you relate?
How can we turn our work into something that feeds us, lights us up and excites us? How can we work less (or love what we do), play more and make more?
Here are some of the basic steps we need to take to get on this path:
- Take some quiet time to get super clear about how you feel about your current relationship to your work. Do you enjoy it? Is it full fullfiling? Are you happy doing what you do?
- If money all of a sudden wasn’t an issue in your life, would you continue doing this work, at least on some level? Is this sort of work interesting and enjoyable to you?
- Sit with your answer. If it’s a definite “no,” and you are not happy with your work, couldn’t care less about continuing to do it, then it’s time to consider a change . . . either in how you perceive it, or changing your work altogether. I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO RUN OUT AND QUIT YOUR JOB TODAY! I am, however, encouraging you to honestly examine this part of your life. We spend so much time at work (most of us) so it’s critical to like what you do or change it if you don’t.
- What do you love? Write a list. What are possible careers or work that you would LOVE to do? Make a list of these things, and start to research the possibility of maybe slowly moving in this direction. Could you start this work part time and keep your regular job? Say this career that you would love to do is music. How about taking music classes or finding other local musicians to collaborate with? Maybe that little bit of shift and adding a bit more of what you love into your life would actually shift how you feel about your main job.
- Start to play more! Just add silliness, lightheartedness and fun into your life. Be a kid again. Find your innocence through play. Create a list of what those things are for you and commit to doing them a few times a week.
- MONEY! In order to make more, play more and work less, we have to see it, dream it and know it before we actually start to see the physical evidence of it in our lives. Make a commitment to following the basics of manifesting (see this link) and start to shift your belief system about what is actually possible. We have to shift our beliefs and feelings about a certain thing in order to shift the thing.
The main thing to remember when we desire to shift anything in our lives—our money situation, our health, our feelings about success and happiness—is to affirm it first. We need to make a conscious CHOICE to oursleves and the universe that we are committed to working less (or changing how we feel about our work), playing more and making more.
State it out loud, on paper and on a reagular basis. Choose to put that vibration out into the world. Words hold energy and power, so start choosing the words, feelings and thoughts that support what you want rather than what you don’t want.
Start each day saying— “I choose happiness today. I choose thoughts of abundance today. I choose patience today. I choose love today. I choose to be organized and efficient today.” Do this on a consistent basis, let go of attachment to results and you are on your way to manifesting your desires!
It is that simple, if you choose it to be!
How are you committing to a more playful, abundant life? What small action steps are you taking right now to get on track with your desires? Leave a comment and let me know!
In love, gratitude and playfulness!
If you Google “woo-woo,” there are actually two different definitions:
An alcoholic beverage made of vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry juice.Woo-woo
- Extraordinary beliefs for which it is felt there is insufficient extraordinary evidence, and people who hold those beliefs.
I am going to be talking about the second definition, although certain days, the first one may not be so bad (if I drank hard alcohol).
Woo-woo, when referring to extraordinary beliefs, can include such things as belief in angels, ghosts, energetic healing, new agey type beliefs and anything that is seen as somewhat “fringe.” By fringe, I mean things that just don’t seem usual or ordinary to you.
The thing about beliefs, practices or modalities that we may perceive as woo-woo or outside our normal comfort zone of belief, is that they could potentially help us in profound ways if we open our minds to them. Just because something can’t be proved by science, or is different from what you “normally” believe, doesn’t mean it may not have value.
What if it made you healthier, happier, wealthier or more successful? What if making the choice to just try something different resulted in manifesting miracles?
I am not suggesting you force yourself to jump on a plane for Brazil to drink hallucinogenic tea in the rainforest for spiritual healing (as I did way back when . . . long story . . . it’s in my book!) Or to use eels to cure migraines (ancient Egyptian belief). I am not talking about doing things that compromise your values, beliefs or happiness!
But I am asking you to consider opening your mind to the possibility of things you may see as “fringe” as just being things you may not understand yet. And choosing to see them with a curious, open mind.
It could be going out of your comfort zone a bit and trying acupuncture or herbal remedies. It could be using yoga mantras or meditation for greater awareness and to attract more money. It could be committing to a juice cleanse for 2 days to feel healthier. Or maybe it’s even as simple as considering not judging those who you perceive to have those far out, wacky, fringe beliefs.
In other words—one person’s weird is another person’s wonderful. One person’s freaky is another person’s fantastic.
What’s the point? Why should you care and why does it matter if you open your mind to woo-woo?
- Because you don’t know if you don’t try. So, if something you have perceived as weird, has also been ever so gently arousing your curiosity, then check it out! If you are getting a subtle intuitive nudge to try something, then you owe it to your intuition to go there. Even if it ends up not working out, or not feeling right, at least you know.
- Because what if it just changes your life? What if it’s a healing modality that cures your____? Or a mantra that attracts wealth? Or that cleanse that makes you feel alive. Or that prayer that ignites your next great idea?
- Because an open mind, one that is willing to look at other possibilities, is a free mind. We like free.
- Because then you can have closure on that weird thing you’ve been wanting to try and lay it to rest.
Woo-woo is basically just the unknown to us. If we have an open mind and are curious, then certain things we have labeled as woo-woo may just end up being the missing key to the health we want, the love we crave and the wealth we seek. If we choose to look at it a bit differently, we may just manifest what we’ve been asking for.
Let me know what you think! Reply to this post and let me know what you have in the past seen as woo-woo, but is now common or useful for you.
Choose an open mind.
p.s. I happen to LOVE extraordinary beliefs! Just that word alone gets me excited and curious!
A meditation altar is a place you set aside in your home that’s primary use is a place to meditate and/or pray.
I am a HUGE fan of meditating and it is a critical choice for us to make if we want to quiet our minds, set powerful intentions and be on the road to manifesting the health, wealth, and happiness that we desire.It’s sort of a “mini-sanctuary” or place of worship, that you can have right there in your own space—no travel required.
It’s a way to anchor yourself into a mediation practice as well as serving as a friendly reminder when you see it. You don’t have to be super spiritual or religious to set one up and it doesn’t have to be super fancy-pants.
Why do you need one?
- Because it reminds you to sit your butt down and do it and it’s good for you.
- Doing it will help you get closer to you, your desires and how to acheive them.
- Knowing your desires, what you want and your deepest truth is the key to having the life you dream of.
- Having the life you dream of, is, as the saying goes . . . the bees knees! It’s the wealth we desire. It’s the career we crave. It’s the radant health we want. It’s the deep, internal happiness we know we deserve.
So that is why you may want to consider affirming your commitment to self, by creating this sacred space. You are telling the universe that it matters to you, that you are putting the energy into creating it and sitting down and doing it.
How do you create a meditation altar and what exactly is involved?
- You need whatever you think should go there, so a bit of creativity and self exploration is needed to get started.
- Choose a small table (or something that deliniates it as your meditation area) and begin the process of placing items on your altar that are reminders of what it is that you desire. If you desire wealth, place something there to remind you of that. It could be a small vision board or something that easily reminds you of your desire for wealth.
- You can take 5 minutes to create your space, or an hour. Completely depends on what you want to create. It should be simple and represent clarity, peace and calm for you. This is where you go to get in your manifesting zone.
- Items you can place on your altar are pictures of what spirituality or your faith represents for you, candles, beautiful fabrics or cloths, mediation bowls, mantras. You name it!
Choose to do what feels good to you. If you are seeking significant change, then sometimes it’s necessay to change it up and do something radically different. An altar doesn’t have to be hippy-dippy either. It can be a gorgeous place to showcase beautiful art, or something that symbolizes your desires. It can be scented candles that you love with pictures of your kiddos by it. It can be a beautiful vase on fresh flowers.
It doesn’t have to be a big deal and can just be a place you set up to remind you to breath and be focused on your intentions and desires for the day. You don’t necessarily have to sit down cross-legged in front of it for hours a day in order for it to be beneficial to you either.
Above all, choose to create an altar of some sorts, whether it be one that is physically present in you home, or just in your heart. Create a sacred space where you can get away and focus on creating the life you want.
Choose your way to the health you desire, the wealth you desire and the happiness you deserve.
p.s. the picture above is one of my altars in my home! Take a pitcure of yours and post it on my site, if you feel inspired! I would love to see what you choose.
What about when it isn’t working?
When we follow the steps to living our desires and the things we are asking for aren’t showing up—then what?
How do we deal with frustration, defeat and lack of results?
How do we turn it around and get back in the zone?
We all know it’s easy to feel good when all is going well for us. It’s easy to really start believing the manifesting thing when life is going well.
But what about when it doesn’t? What about when things are not so rosy?
What about when we are doing the deal, meditating, thinking good thoughts, really following the bascis of manifesting principles and life just isn’t producing the results that we want?
Here are a few simple tips to getting your energy back on track and getting back into the flow of high vibration (or just higher vibration, because that is always the goal) and mastering the art of manifesting, getting what you want and living your desired life.
- Whatever is bugging you—STOP FOCUSING ON IT. Train your brain to “let go of that stick.” What that means is drop it, let it go. Write down the worst of it, get it all out on paper and then burn it. If you can’t feel good about a certain topic, then just stop thinking about it, long enough to get BACK INTO A BETTER FEELING PLACE ABOUT IT. It’s not about ignoring it, entirely. It’s about recognizing it’s there and then choosing to replace it with a higher vibration thought or feeling.
- Laugh, dance, sing, smile, exercise, hug, walk in nature. Just shift the energy by getting out of your normal routine. Change it up.
- Dream, day dream, create a vision board. Do whatever you can to keep the vision of what you desire in your mind, in you awareness and in your “reality,” even though “reality” may be showing something different. If you want more money, but the bills keep piling in, get in a space of daydreaming, visualizing what it will look and feel like when you do have the exact amount of money you desire. It’s the constant art of knowing, expecting and seeing (without a shadow of a doubt) the thing you want, being there for you, even in the face of adversity—even when life is showing the opposite of what you want.
- Get out of your comfort zone and do something different. As the saying goes, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” If you want this thing in your life to finally shift, FOR REAL, then commit to stretching beyond your normal comfort zone and be bold, do that thing you’ve been wanting to do forever, but have created every excuse under the sun why NOT to. Choose to do it.
The main key to geting it to work, when it’s not, is to stop focusing on it NOT working and start feeling good, no matter what.
Feeling good, no matter what is they key to creating more happiness, health and wealth in your life. It’s the key to our growth and the foundation to being masters of our choices and masters of manifesting.
Choose you. Choose now. Choose wiser.
Much, much love,
Carrie Jolie Dale
p.s. I am opening up 5 spots for private, VIP coaching. If you are ready to own it (your life, your truth, your brilliance), step into your power and ready to go beyond your comfort zone. E-mail [email protected] for details and availability.
Hello, Fellow Choice Makers!!
I want to share with you 20 of my favorite things in hopes that you may find some of them as useful as I do.
I know every little bit helps, and when we surround ourselves with things that make us feel good, we raise our vibration and get in alignment with manifesting what we want.
The top 20:
- Candles—Loving candles throughout my house right now. My luxury brand is diptyke—www.diptyqueparis.com
- Tea— Love Teavana, Youthberry White Tea…but you can’t go wrong with any from this brand—www.teavana.com
- Music—I am loving any ambiance and chakra balancing music right now. There is a good selection on this site—www.meditationrelaxclub.com
- Baths!!—Loving long, candle lit baths. I know it’s a simple thing, but those are often the things that are the biggest vibration enhancers. I always put some kind of bath salts in my bath. One of my favorite brands is AHAVA calming lavender, but any natural brand is fine—www.ahavaus.com
- Beautiful Journals—I am a big believer in journaling. One of my favorite journal brands is paperblanks—www.paperblanks.com/us/en. Barnes and Noble always has a great selection of gorgeous journals as well.
- Yoga—Loving Kundalini right now. Maia Fiennes complete chakra set is really good! www.amazon.com/Maya-Fiennes-Kundalini-Yoga-Journey/dp/B001FC37FM
- Exercise—I discovered Burst training about 5 years ago, and it has changed my body, my metabolism (more bacon mac n cheese, yay!) and I am no longer bored of working out. And the best part?? It’s quick and effective.
- Supplements—I LOVE my supplements, and I notice a huge difference in my energy and the way my skin looks when I don’t take them. I get most of my supplements from Mercola.com. I take Krill for Women, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Probiotic, Astaxanthin and occasionally I will add some others in here or there. For my Multi-vitamin I use a brand from Prograde, called VGF 25+. If you need more information on brands and what you may need, get in touch with me and we can discuss options.
- Skincare—I am a skincare fanatic. My favorite everyday brand is Arcona and Renee Rouleau.
- Eating “Clean.”—I LOVE to eat (hence the burst training to supercharge my metabolism), but I do eat very “clean.” What does this mean? I eat almost 99% organic, and when I do eat meat, it’s the cleanest version I can find. In other words, it is free range, or grass fed, organic and not the mass-produced stuff.
- Abraham-Hicks— I am a believer! They are the pioneers of the manifesting movement. My life changed dramatically for the better when I started listening to, reading and implementing their teachings. Invaluable! Any of their books, CDs or DVDs are good. My favorite is called “Getting into the Vortex.”
- Danielle LaPorte, The Desire Map (book)—I am one of her book club leaders, and I love, love, love it. www.daniellelaporte.com
- Florence Scovel Shinns, The Complete Works of Florence Scovel Shinn(book)—This is old school and a bit religious-y, but her message is GOLD. I LOVE the affirmations and find them to be very high vibration.
- Holosync—This and Abraham-Hicks’ Getting into the Vortex CDs are my two main meditation CDs. I use them both at night before I go to bed. Great way to end the day. www.centerpointe.com/about
- Self-help, Coaching, Counseling, Personal Enrichment—I am a BIG believer in always learning, growing and stretching. Stretching beyond our comfort zones and trying new things. Investing in myself, in a high end coaching program, was the best thing I have ever done for myself.
- Being around people I love—My family, my kids and other like-minded people. I love being part of a community of positive, healthy, successful people.
- Good, high quality dark chocolate or raw cocoa—One of my favorite brands is Theo—www.theochocolate.com
- Coconut oil for body care—I LOVE using coconut oil as a moisturizer. I buy a huge tub of organic coconut oil at Costco and use it as my main body oil.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a night—I love to sleep! I use, on occasion, Mercolas melatonin if I am having trouble sleeping.
- Laughter—I choose to laugh and smile as much as I can. Not only are they free, but they are instant vibration changers.
I know some of the things on this list are also included on my list about how to raise your vibration, but there are a good number of new things on this list.
When we make a conscious choice to surround ourselves with things we love, we are stepping into a place of being conscious creators of our lives. We— in turn—add to the good energy of our lives and the planet.
My point in sharing this with you is ultimately for you to create your own list. Create your arsenal that you can surround yourself with to feel good—no matter what. Because when we learn to feel good no matter what , we manifest our desires. Whether it’s more money, improved health, happiness—whatever it is for you —we get there one choice at a time.
So, choose to create your top 20 ( 0r 10, 30, 50, 100) list and enjoy!
Leave a comment! Ask a question, or just share some good news! Love to hear from you. xo