Who doesn’t have problems?
Who doesn’t have concerns, worries and frustrations?
Most of us, living on this planet have an issue every now and then (understatement).
We have health concerns, environmental concerns, money issues, relationship frustrations, car problems, boss problems, cranky kids—life problems.
It’s not perfect or pretty (or seemingly fair) all the time. Not even.
Sometimes life just gets messy (as in red-hot mess, messy)
And in the not so distant past . . . that has bothered me a tad. It had me asking big questions like—
- Why are we even here if it’s such a struggle?
- Why do we get on such a great life high— only to have shitty things happen?
- Why cant it just be easier?
- Why are people so insensitive (or worse)?
- Why can’t we all just be born with lasting heath, endless supplies of money and unquestionable values, morals and common sense?
Most of us ask these questions (or similar versions or these) at some point.
We all get hurt and we all find ways (hopefully) to rebound when life deals us an unwanted hand.
And what if . . .
—the problems we have are merely opportunities to grab ahold of an even bigger, more profound level of joy, happiness, health and abundance?
—the struggles, pain and hurdles are simply minor road bumps that (with patience, compassion and maybe a couple bottles of good vino) can propel us closer to living our desires?
What if the problem has a purpose?
Because haven’t you noticed that when you experience something challenging and you approach it from the “glass half full” perspective—you come out the other side of that with a greater sense of knowing, faith and acceptance?
When you can make peace with what is + see the potential gift in the problem—you win.
It comes down to this—you have two choices in regards to how you handle snafus, issues, drama + problems—
- You can see every problem a gift. You can see perceived problems as beautiful opportunities for an even deeper sense of acceptance, love and faith. You can see your health issues, your money issue, and your relationship issues—as a great big chance to get super honest and real about what you are truly feeling and thinking in life. It’s a chance to be 100% accountable for your energy.
- Or there’s always choice two. Choice two is to stay stuck, give into the problem, believe it and go down the rabbit hole of despair, disease, distrust and fear. Choice two is the one that perpetuates the lie that we are powerless. Choice two, if we don’t learn from it and turn it from foe to friend—is the one that can wreak havoc on your otherwise incredible life. This choice moves you further away from the life you want. It’s simply the choice to survive (or nose dive) get by, exist and feel more as a victim in life.
You have two choices—to thrive or survive.
And when you choose well (in spite of what trials and tribulations are manifesting in your life)—you turn your problem into pure passionate potential.
Bad ass, unwavering, passion-filled potential.
When you decide to make peace with the problem—you say ‘yes” in an even bigger way to your desires.
It’s how we create miracles. It’s how we go on when the going gets tough.
So next time you feel irritated, annoyed or let down, ask yourself—”what is this problem teaching me, or asking me to step into and how can I learn quickly, efficiently and lastingly?”
Because don’t we all want to learn, move on, grow and be better than we were the day before?
Don’t we all want to be happier, healthier, wealthier and more in alignment with our souls truth?
I say yes.
Bucket loads of love, goodness + joy your way.
It is truly amazing what happens when a group of conscious people come together for the purpose of personal growth, healing and stepping into beauty and truth. I just got back from an event in San Diego with some dear friends and one of my mentors—that’s us in the picture!
This event was inspiring, to say the least.
My biggest take away from this experience was a newfound love for setting intentions.
What’s an intention?
An intention is defined as: noun 1. a thing intended; an aim or plan.
And taking that even further and deeper into a spiritual or personal growth level—an intention is a personal statement of what you desire or intend to create in your day, your present moment and even for the overall scope of your life. An intention is somewhat of a personal mission statement. It’s a way to affirm to the universe exactly what you desire.
Here is a brief list of things you can do to set intentions that will get you on track to creating what you want in your life:
- Identify what feels like the most important thing for you—is it better health, more money, improved relationships, feeling better about your outlook on life, getting a book deal, selling your home?
- What would be your ideal result with the intention you choose?
- Write down your intention in the form of a statement. For example, “It is my intention to…..earn 6 figures this year, close this deal today, enjoy exercising, get the most out of an event you are attending, manifest money to take a trip you have been wanting to take.
- What would having this result or outome feel like to you? Identify how having this intention come true would feel.
- Turning intentions into reality has a lot to do with how well and how conneted you are to what you desire. Choose things that you know and feel to be in alignment with your highest truth and that just feel really delicious to you.
- Be specific about your intentions. Infuse all your senses into it…taste, smell, sight, touch, hearing, intuition.
- Celebrate when your intentions become reality! Let the universe know that you appreciate being heard and that you acknowledge the power of intention.
- Be consistent and do this often! In order to make a significant change in your life, you have to CHOOSE to commit to doing things differently. That starts with taking 5 minutes a day to write down your intentions and staying connected to them throughout the day, month, year…..your life!
It’s often the little things that can make the biggest differences in our lives and setting clear, powerful, consistent intentions is one way to make that big difference. Choosing an intention is, in effect, choosing your vibration and choosing what energy you put out in the world. It’s making a conscious choice in what you want each moment to feel and look like. It’s another great tool to use in the quest to manifest a life you love.
p.s. I am opening a 3 spots for private coaching and VIP days. E-mail [email protected] to schedule your personal energetic match assessment. xo
Yes please, I will take that! How about you?
Are you on board to make more (money, happiness + dreams come true), play more and work less?
Who wouldn’t want this? Isn’t this the ultimate definition of success?
And the honest to goodness truth, for me, is that I LOVE my work so much, that it feels like play to me. I found a way to turn my work into something I love and enjoy rather than a “have to,” a bummer or a disconnect from my bigger truth.
It didn’t used to be this way though. . .
I felt I had to sacrifice, struggle and do things that didn’t really turn me on in order to make it.
And I was miserable, disconnected, bored and dead inside. Can you relate?
How can we turn our work into something that feeds us, lights us up and excites us? How can we work less (or love what we do), play more and make more?
Here are some of the basic steps we need to take to get on this path:
- Take some quiet time to get super clear about how you feel about your current relationship to your work. Do you enjoy it? Is it full fullfiling? Are you happy doing what you do?
- If money all of a sudden wasn’t an issue in your life, would you continue doing this work, at least on some level? Is this sort of work interesting and enjoyable to you?
- Sit with your answer. If it’s a definite “no,” and you are not happy with your work, couldn’t care less about continuing to do it, then it’s time to consider a change . . . either in how you perceive it, or changing your work altogether. I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO RUN OUT AND QUIT YOUR JOB TODAY! I am, however, encouraging you to honestly examine this part of your life. We spend so much time at work (most of us) so it’s critical to like what you do or change it if you don’t.
- What do you love? Write a list. What are possible careers or work that you would LOVE to do? Make a list of these things, and start to research the possibility of maybe slowly moving in this direction. Could you start this work part time and keep your regular job? Say this career that you would love to do is music. How about taking music classes or finding other local musicians to collaborate with? Maybe that little bit of shift and adding a bit more of what you love into your life would actually shift how you feel about your main job.
- Start to play more! Just add silliness, lightheartedness and fun into your life. Be a kid again. Find your innocence through play. Create a list of what those things are for you and commit to doing them a few times a week.
- MONEY! In order to make more, play more and work less, we have to see it, dream it and know it before we actually start to see the physical evidence of it in our lives. Make a commitment to following the basics of manifesting (see this link) and start to shift your belief system about what is actually possible. We have to shift our beliefs and feelings about a certain thing in order to shift the thing.
The main thing to remember when we desire to shift anything in our lives—our money situation, our health, our feelings about success and happiness—is to affirm it first. We need to make a conscious CHOICE to oursleves and the universe that we are committed to working less (or changing how we feel about our work), playing more and making more.
State it out loud, on paper and on a reagular basis. Choose to put that vibration out into the world. Words hold energy and power, so start choosing the words, feelings and thoughts that support what you want rather than what you don’t want.
Start each day saying— “I choose happiness today. I choose thoughts of abundance today. I choose patience today. I choose love today. I choose to be organized and efficient today.” Do this on a consistent basis, let go of attachment to results and you are on your way to manifesting your desires!
It is that simple, if you choose it to be!
How are you committing to a more playful, abundant life? What small action steps are you taking right now to get on track with your desires? Leave a comment and let me know!
In love, gratitude and playfulness!
Hello, Fellow Choice Makers!!
I want to share with you 20 of my favorite things in hopes that you may find some of them as useful as I do.
I know every little bit helps, and when we surround ourselves with things that make us feel good, we raise our vibration and get in alignment with manifesting what we want.
The top 20:
- Candles—Loving candles throughout my house right now. My luxury brand is diptyke—www.diptyqueparis.com
- Tea— Love Teavana, Youthberry White Tea…but you can’t go wrong with any from this brand—www.teavana.com
- Music—I am loving any ambiance and chakra balancing music right now. There is a good selection on this site—www.meditationrelaxclub.com
- Baths!!—Loving long, candle lit baths. I know it’s a simple thing, but those are often the things that are the biggest vibration enhancers. I always put some kind of bath salts in my bath. One of my favorite brands is AHAVA calming lavender, but any natural brand is fine—www.ahavaus.com
- Beautiful Journals—I am a big believer in journaling. One of my favorite journal brands is paperblanks—www.paperblanks.com/us/en. Barnes and Noble always has a great selection of gorgeous journals as well.
- Yoga—Loving Kundalini right now. Maia Fiennes complete chakra set is really good! www.amazon.com/Maya-Fiennes-Kundalini-Yoga-Journey/dp/B001FC37FM
- Exercise—I discovered Burst training about 5 years ago, and it has changed my body, my metabolism (more bacon mac n cheese, yay!) and I am no longer bored of working out. And the best part?? It’s quick and effective.
- Supplements—I LOVE my supplements, and I notice a huge difference in my energy and the way my skin looks when I don’t take them. I get most of my supplements from Mercola.com. I take Krill for Women, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Probiotic, Astaxanthin and occasionally I will add some others in here or there. For my Multi-vitamin I use a brand from Prograde, called VGF 25+. If you need more information on brands and what you may need, get in touch with me and we can discuss options.
- Skincare—I am a skincare fanatic. My favorite everyday brand is Arcona and Renee Rouleau.
- Eating “Clean.”—I LOVE to eat (hence the burst training to supercharge my metabolism), but I do eat very “clean.” What does this mean? I eat almost 99% organic, and when I do eat meat, it’s the cleanest version I can find. In other words, it is free range, or grass fed, organic and not the mass-produced stuff.
- Abraham-Hicks— I am a believer! They are the pioneers of the manifesting movement. My life changed dramatically for the better when I started listening to, reading and implementing their teachings. Invaluable! Any of their books, CDs or DVDs are good. My favorite is called “Getting into the Vortex.”
- Danielle LaPorte, The Desire Map (book)—I am one of her book club leaders, and I love, love, love it. www.daniellelaporte.com
- Florence Scovel Shinns, The Complete Works of Florence Scovel Shinn(book)—This is old school and a bit religious-y, but her message is GOLD. I LOVE the affirmations and find them to be very high vibration.
- Holosync—This and Abraham-Hicks’ Getting into the Vortex CDs are my two main meditation CDs. I use them both at night before I go to bed. Great way to end the day. www.centerpointe.com/about
- Self-help, Coaching, Counseling, Personal Enrichment—I am a BIG believer in always learning, growing and stretching. Stretching beyond our comfort zones and trying new things. Investing in myself, in a high end coaching program, was the best thing I have ever done for myself.
- Being around people I love—My family, my kids and other like-minded people. I love being part of a community of positive, healthy, successful people.
- Good, high quality dark chocolate or raw cocoa—One of my favorite brands is Theo—www.theochocolate.com
- Coconut oil for body care—I LOVE using coconut oil as a moisturizer. I buy a huge tub of organic coconut oil at Costco and use it as my main body oil.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a night—I love to sleep! I use, on occasion, Mercolas melatonin if I am having trouble sleeping.
- Laughter—I choose to laugh and smile as much as I can. Not only are they free, but they are instant vibration changers.
I know some of the things on this list are also included on my list about how to raise your vibration, but there are a good number of new things on this list.
When we make a conscious choice to surround ourselves with things we love, we are stepping into a place of being conscious creators of our lives. We— in turn—add to the good energy of our lives and the planet.
My point in sharing this with you is ultimately for you to create your own list. Create your arsenal that you can surround yourself with to feel good—no matter what. Because when we learn to feel good no matter what , we manifest our desires. Whether it’s more money, improved health, happiness—whatever it is for you —we get there one choice at a time.
So, choose to create your top 20 ( 0r 10, 30, 50, 100) list and enjoy!
Leave a comment! Ask a question, or just share some good news! Love to hear from you. xo
Today is December 1st, and we all know what that means!!!
The Holiday season is upon us. For some of us, that brings up feelings of joy. For others, well . . . not so much.
The Holidays can be stressful, so I created a list of things I personally use to make sure it’s a holiday full of good things, not stress and struggle.
Here you go, enjoy and Happy Holidays to you all!
- First off, set your intention or theme for the month. Choose your theme from a quiet space. Take 10 minutes to meditate or get grounded and choose the first thing that comes into your mind. Don’t overthink it, just pick something…you can always change it. You can even have your theme/intention be different each week. Just be conscious about the overall feeling and vibe you want to carry with you throughout the month.
- Write down your theme for the month and place it where you can visibly see it. It’s important to create a visual link to your theme, so it becomes part of your conscious awareness each day. If you are artsy, create a “vision board” that represents your theme for the month. Choose how you want it to look. If you don’t have time for a vision board and if you don’t feel you need to write it down and keep it visible— fine! Just choose to be clear about it and remind yourself of it daily.
- Create your holiday schedule. Know what you need to do when, so there are no last minute stressors. As the saying goes ” fail to plan, plan to fail.” Just approach this month from an organized, relaxed space. You can CHOOSE to do it differently. You don’t have to say “yes” to every invitation. Say YES to having a joy-filled holiday. If that means creating healthy boundaries, so you’re not running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off, then do it. Choose you this season—it will make the giving and choosing others part of it feel much more genuine.
- Start each morning in silent meditation or prayer. This is when we solidify our theme for the month. This is when we bring our theme into our awareness and start our days from a conscious, relaxed, grounded place. My personal morning meditation is a Kundalini yoga mantra that I learned from Gabrielle Bernstein. It’s specfically for prosperity—
- Light a candle. If you don’t personally line up with Kundalini yoga, another great way to start your morning is to keep a candle next to your bed and rather than starting the day turning on a light—light a candle instead! I LOVE doing this. Even if I only have 10 minutes, I light my candle, do my meditation for 3-11 minutes and I am on my way.
- Another substitution for Kundalini is just your own personal prayer. This is just about connecting with your intention first thing in the day and also connecting to you version or spirit, God, whatever that is for you. Again, keep it simple—create something that works for you. My personal mantra that I created for myself and that is part of my book, The 2 Choices, is listed below.
- Write. Journal. Keep a notebook handy and start and/or end the day by journaling. Even if it’s just 3-4 sentences This is one of the best forms of therapy and a great way to decompress and get in touch with what’s going on with you.
- Another one of my favorite meditation CDs/audios is Abraham-Hicks, “Getting into the Vortex.” I mostly listen to this one at night, but find what works for you!
- Last, but not least—SLOW DOWN. Slow down and enjoy being with your family and friends. Don’t force yourself into the mobs of shoppers and last minute manic shopping. Choose to slow down and savor it. Do we really need more? How about being happy with what we have and truly appreciating it. Whatever your theme(s) are for the month, choose to honor it. Choose to make it just how you want to make it.
Feel free to print this list, and highlight the things that work for you. You can use this, obviously, any time of the year. Taking time to create a conscious, focused, clear plan for your days, your weeks, your months and so on—is the key to manifesting whatever you want in your life.
Manifesting success, health, money + happiness is just about being super conscious with our choices.
Enjoy, blessing and please leave a comment below and let me know what your theme is for the month!
My personal mantra for changing my vibration—fast.
The 2 Choices Mantra:
Right now, I have two choices. One will get me more in alignment with things I desire and the other will move me away from it. This ability to choose is a gift and my source of passion, connection and power.