I was recently interviewed by Julie with Live Vibrantly Today. I LOVED chatting with her and wasn’t the least bit nervous. I felt completely relaxed and really in the moment.
But I noticed things that I was doing during the interview, that I will definitely do differently next time. One thing I noticed was that I blinked too often and I licked my lips too much! Yikes!
So, why am I posting this video of my rapid eye blinking and lip licking??? Because it’s ok!
It’s ok to mess up, to make mistakes and look silly when we are putting ourselves out there and stepping into new things.
Five year ago, I would have NEVER posted this video and I would have picked myself apart to no end. What I got out of this experience was amazing on so many levels. I truly loved connecting with Julie, speaking my truth and talking about something very dear to my heart . . . manifesting and conscious choices.
I guess I just got so wrapped up in the moment that licking my lips and blinking were a side effect of my excitement!!
And here’s the deal—just do what you love. Don’t worry about being perfect and definitely don’t worry about what other people will think. This is YOUR life. Do what you want, dream your dreams, be goofy, make mistakes and just stay weird.
Or stay normal . . . whatever floats your boat. Because at the end ot the day, it won’t be so much about what others thought about you, it will be how you feel about you.
Do what makes you feel good. Do what makes your heart sing. Do what will leave you feeling like your life mattered.
Choose you. And from that, you will choose others, choose connection, choose community, choose service, and choose living a life well worth living.
Make weird videos. Learn. Grow. And hey, don’t beat yourself up if it’s not perfect. Who cares?
Laugh and move on.
Enjoy and share this with others please!
Ever feel like there is just not enough to go around? Or that there are already enough people doing what you love, so what’s the point? Or that you just don’t have what it takes?
For me, when I started coaching, consulting and writing—I felt like I was drowning in a sea of amazing coaches, entrepreneurs + online experts.
I was like “ what the heck (stronger adjective) how can I compete with these amazing, established entrepreneurs?”
I should just give up. That’s what I started feeling like.
Can you relate?
Ever think that there just isn’t enough to go around? Like there are too many successful people in your area of expertise, you are too far behind, there aren’t enough client, time, money or resources?
I feel ya! I was there many times and thank goodness, I didn’t give into that pesky little voice of self –sabotage.
Don’t give up.
Guess what? Not feeling good enough is one of the most common feelings—it’s like a plague. And it doesn’t just magically go away when you have money, success + love. I have had numerous conversations with very successful entrepreneurs and coaches and they all say they still have this “not good enough” feeling creep in on occasion.
When that thought come up, here is what you do:
- Slap yourself! What the heck? You are amazing, aren’t you? Then stop it! Stop beating yourself up (ok, don’t slap yourself)
- Now give yourself a big hug for just recognizing that you feel this way. Seeing it and acknowledging it, is the first step in handling this little monster of self-doubt.
- Sit down and give yourself the gift of uninterrupted quiet space—no computer, e-mail, iPhone, kids, etc. Take 5 for you.
- Now make a list of your accomplishments. I know it seems simple and kind of weird, but do it anyway. Take some time to appreciate all the hings you have accomplished.
- See your strengths. Give yourself a little pat on the back.
- Make a commitment to NOT allowing this voice of self-doubt and “not enough-ness” to run you. Eyes on the prize.
- Make a list of things you can do that make you feel good, expansive and abundant.
- Choose to see all the abundance in the world. That there is enough for everyone and that you have something unique to offer the world. It’s in there.
Choice du jour:
“ I choose to release this voice of self doubt that tells me I am not enough and there is not enough to go around. The world is abundant. I am abundant. I allow all that is to manifest to me now.”
Carrie Jolie Dale
This or something even more brilliant for the highest good of all concerned.
- The state or feeling of being pleased or gratified.
- A source of enjoyment or delight: The graceful skaters were a pleasure to watch.
- Amusement, diversion, or worldly enjoyment.
- Sensual gratification or indulgence.
- One’s preference or wish.
Yes, please! I’ll have some of that!
I’m not talking about sexual pleasure. I’m talking about a deep internal, soul kind of pleasure. Although, the sexual kind is rather amazing too. 😛
The point I want to make here is about this personal, soul pleasure. The kind that makes you feel excited, complete, loved, joy filled and connected.
And why it is, that we cut ourselves off from allowing ourselves to feel good.
What’s up with that? Why do we feel guilty about feeling good and how the heck can we get back into guilt free pleasure?
Do you ever have that sense that you feel TOO good, or that things have been going well for a little too long, so something bad is just bound to happen? Like you are due for some negative, because you have had your allotted does of positive?
Can’t we enjoy without having that sense it will slip away, creep in?
We are so programmed to feel guilty about feeling good—that we assume only a certain amount of the good can last. Like we are only allotted a certain amount of good things before it crashes.
Struggle is praised and enjoying is seen as selfish. How often do we place on a pedestal those that work their fingers to the bone? Yuk!
No thank you. I don’t want some of that.
I choose to believe, and base my reality on the belief that we can have our cake and eat it too. We can have gain without pain. We can be curious and not kill the cat.
We choose our thoughts, our feelings and our reactions. And through these choices, we choose our life, how it feels, all the components. Get good at making conscious dialed in choices, based on you, not someone else and you will open doors and create magic that will rock your world.
I am living proof.
We can write any script we want for our lives. We can be content, fulfilled, overjoyed, for extended periods of time and not be punished for it.
I believe we deserve to feel good, to chase our dreams, to live the exact life we want.
But if we are running around, either consciously or unconsciously (most times its unconsciously) thinking negative thoughts and having negative feelings a majority of the time, we wont be happy and will attract more of that energy to us. Its manifesting 101, right?
We get what we predominantly thing about and feel.
If we hold a strong belief that its wrong to feel really good, then yes, eventually, we will most likely attract something bad to confirm our belief.
I really want to live life full throttle and I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to throw away those belief that no longer serve my higher purpose of truly enjoying life. I choose to not blindly accept what others say, but think for myself and come up with my own way of doing life.
I spent far too many years in a state of disallowing my power , passion and deepest truth to surface. I spent years batting battles that couldn’t be won and stressing about things that didn’t need stressing about.
Now, I choose the fast track. I choose the fast track to abundance, success, love, power from a feminine space, and guilt free pleasure.
Sound good? Join me. It’s as easy as a choice. Then the rest will fall into place. Choose to believe it.
That little saying “ just do it” there’s a reason why its so catchy. It’s a truth.
Just do it is giving ourselves guilt-free permission to go there, to be who we want to be and to do what we want to do, again, guilt free.
Your Choice Du Jour—
- Bask in the moments of pleasure you experience in your life.
- When you are in those moments, choose to stay longer there. Don’t pull yourself away.
- Fully embrace it—whether its sounds in nature, the laugh of your kids, painting, playing music, a hug, stargazing, a massage, reading…just allow yourself to be with it for a longer than your nomal amount of time.
- If guilt comes up, just allow it. Trying to push away uncomfortable feelings is pointless. Allow it, acknowledge it, be with it.
- Then CHOOSE to replace it with a better feeling or thought. What you allow yourself to think and feel is a choice.
Choose to fully embrace pleasure—guilt free.
Carrie Jolie Dale