Are you on board to make more (money, happiness + dreams come true), play more and work less?
Who wouldn’t want this? Isn’t this the ultimate definition of success?
And the honest to goodness truth, for me, is that I LOVE my work so much, that it feels like play to me. I found a way to turn my work into something I love and enjoy rather than a “have to,” a bummer or a disconnect from my bigger truth.
It didn’t used to be this way though. . .
I felt I had to sacrifice, struggle and do things that didn’t really turn me on in order to make it.
And I was miserable, disconnected, bored and dead inside. Can you relate?
How can we turn our work into something that feeds us, lights us up and excites us? How can we work less (or love what we do), play more and make more?
Here are some of the basic steps we need to take to get on this path:
- Take some quiet time to get super clear about how you feel about your current relationship to your work. Do you enjoy it? Is it full fullfiling? Are you happy doing what you do?
- If money all of a sudden wasn’t an issue in your life, would you continue doing this work, at least on some level? Is this sort of work interesting and enjoyable to you?
- Sit with your answer. If it’s a definite “no,” and you are not happy with your work, couldn’t care less about continuing to do it, then it’s time to consider a change . . . either in how you perceive it, or changing your work altogether. I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO RUN OUT AND QUIT YOUR JOB TODAY! I am, however, encouraging you to honestly examine this part of your life. We spend so much time at work (most of us) so it’s critical to like what you do or change it if you don’t.
- What do you love? Write a list. What are possible careers or work that you would LOVE to do? Make a list of these things, and start to research the possibility of maybe slowly moving in this direction. Could you start this work part time and keep your regular job? Say this career that you would love to do is music. How about taking music classes or finding other local musicians to collaborate with? Maybe that little bit of shift and adding a bit more of what you love into your life would actually shift how you feel about your main job.
- Start to play more! Just add silliness, lightheartedness and fun into your life. Be a kid again. Find your innocence through play. Create a list of what those things are for you and commit to doing them a few times a week.
- MONEY! In order to make more, play more and work less, we have to see it, dream it and know it before we actually start to see the physical evidence of it in our lives. Make a commitment to following the basics of manifesting (see this link) and start to shift your belief system about what is actually possible. We have to shift our beliefs and feelings about a certain thing in order to shift the thing.
The main thing to remember when we desire to shift anything in our lives—our money situation, our health, our feelings about success and happiness—is to affirm it first. We need to make a conscious CHOICE to oursleves and the universe that we are committed to working less (or changing how we feel about our work), playing more and making more.
State it out loud, on paper and on a reagular basis. Choose to put that vibration out into the world. Words hold energy and power, so start choosing the words, feelings and thoughts that support what you want rather than what you don’t want.
Start each day saying— “I choose happiness today. I choose thoughts of abundance today. I choose patience today. I choose love today. I choose to be organized and efficient today.” Do this on a consistent basis, let go of attachment to results and you are on your way to manifesting your desires!
It is that simple, if you choose it to be!
How are you committing to a more playful, abundant life? What small action steps are you taking right now to get on track with your desires? Leave a comment and let me know!
In love, gratitude and playfulness!