Freaking out isn’t an energy or vibration that you want to hold onto for very long.
- Obsessing about a future event.
- Not letting go of a negative past event.
- Reacting to situations or people in a less than savory way (you are being a reactive meany pants)
- Letting your thoughts and feelings rule you.
- Repeating the same patterns in your life that keep you stuck, resentful, upset, worried or any other emotion that is holing you back.
- Turning to unhealthy ways of coping like drinking, binge eating or other behaviors that are self harming.
So, freaking out really doesn’t mean you are screaming at the top of your lungs at someone or flipping them off when they don’t use their turn signals.
It can be little ways that you sabotage your inherent power by choosing to stay stuck in ways of being in the world that don’t truly serve you. Let’s just say freaking out can mean holding yourself back by choosing, either consciously or unconsciously, things that prevent you from living the life you really want to live.
Do these following things instead, when you feel yourself starting to freak out a little bit or when you notice that things aren’t changing for you, or the same bad shit happens over and over again.
- Instead of going into, “But I am right, why are these people so incompetent, slow, lame, asleep, mean—choose to have your moment to feel irritated, upset, let down and pissed off and then move off that feeling and choose one that feels better. Even if it’s just an eensie-weensie bit better, choose to find a feeling/thought that is an increase in vibration from where you currently were.
- Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. There is nothing like taking time to breathe and slow things down to bring us back into alignment with what it is we truly desire and to put things all in perspective.
- Exercise, move your body, dance, do yoga, get your heart pumping and your blood flowing. Exercise works. It’s an instant mood shifter.
- Listen to some of your favorite music, sing, dance, work it out.
- Give yourself a few minutes to let it out . . . do allow a bit of the freak out–out. Let the energy of what you are feeling to be felt. Feel it, then let it go.
- Laugh. Go see funny movie, or read something that makes you laugh.
- Smile. Just practice smiling more. It’s a proven fact that making an effort to smile more throughout the day, shifts your mood.
- Breathe. I know I already listed this, but this is the one that is so simple and has the biggest impact. When you wanna freak, stop and breathe. Breathe into the frustration, the annoyance, the rage, the entitlement, the disappointment. Breathe and then become committed to breathing more, deeper and more consciously. This, above anything else, is the key to shifting a freak out sesh.
How we react, how we feel and what we think are all choices. And our choices are essentially our vibration, and our vibration is what we consciously, or unconsciously are attracting back to us.
So, freak less and choose to vibrate at a level which feels good. Choose energy that says yes to love, healing, abundance, joy, peace, harmony and lots of goodness.