I know meditation is a 10 letter word, but for many of us (who abhor sitting still for long) it’s more like a 4 letter word.
I tried for YEARS to fall in love with meditation. I tried to find inner peace, harmony and tranquility with this simple little practice.
And I just felt predominately bored, irritated, anoyed and frustrated from doing it.
Until . . . . I found the 3-minute meditation that has changed how I feel about meditating and more importantly—has shifted my life in miraculous ways.
(If you aren’t into woo-woo, then you probably won’t like this, but if you aren’t into trying new things, you probably won’t get different results either . . . just saying.)
Here is what you need:
- Quiet, distraction-free space for 3-minutes
- A candle or some other item that makes you feel centered and grounded. We are aiming to create a ritual, so choose something that makes you feel good.
- A clock or timer
- Commitment to put your very best into this 3 minutes
- Set an intention either in your mind or on paper for what you want to accomplish in this 3 minutes. Maybe it’s to prepare for a great day, an answer to a problem, money, healing for the world , health, love. . whatever you choose is perfect!
While this mantra/meditation is primarily used for abundance and prosperity, I have seen it create shifts in other areas as well. After all, abundance doesn’t only equate to money, it also corresponds to an abundance of love, health, joy and ________(insert your own word!)
Here is how you set up:
- Sit cross legged, bent knees or whatever feels comfortable, but preferably sitting upright
- Light your candle or focus on your grounding object just to bring you fully into the moment
- Take 3-5 deep breaths and let go of any stress or tension
- Your eyes are 9/10th’s of the way open, but your gaze is toward the tip of your nose. With the gaze at the tip of the nose, we connect with our root chakra and stimulate Kundalini. It also stimulates the frontal lobe part of the brain. It is a soft, gentle gaze.
Here is the video for the 3-minute meditation/chant:
I hope you enjoyed this post and that it helps you get closer to a life you love and that lights you up. We are, after all, meant to enjoy the heck out of our lives. Why not?!!