I know meditation is a 10 letter word, but for many of us (who abhor sitting still for long) it’s more like a 4 letter word.
You feel me?
I tried for YEARS to fall in love with meditation. I tried to find inner peace, harmony and tranquility with this simple little practice.
And I just felt predominately bored, irritated, anoyed and frustrated from doing it.
Until . . . . I found the 3-minute meditation that has changed how I feel about meditating and more importantly—has shifted my life in miraculous ways.
(If you aren’t into woo-woo, then you probably won’t like this, but if you aren’t into trying new things, you probably won’t get different results either . . . just saying.)
Here is what you need:
- Quiet, distraction-free space for 3-minutes
- A candle or some other item that makes you feel centered and grounded. We are aiming to create a ritual, so choose something that makes you feel good.
- A clock or timer
- Commitment to put your very best into this 3 minutes
- Set an intention either in your mind or on paper for what you want to accomplish in this 3 minutes. Maybe it’s to prepare for a great day, an answer to a problem, money, healing for the world , health, love. . whatever you choose is perfect!
While this mantra/meditation is primarily used for abundance and prosperity, I have seen it create shifts in other areas as well. After all, abundance doesn’t only equate to money, it also corresponds to an abundance of love, health, joy and ________(insert your own word!)
Here is how you set up:
- Sit cross legged, bent knees or whatever feels comfortable, but preferably sitting upright
- Light your candle or focus on your grounding object just to bring you fully into the moment
- Take 3-5 deep breaths and let go of any stress or tension
- Your eyes are 9/10th’s of the way open, but your gaze is toward the tip of your nose. With the gaze at the tip of the nose, we connect with our root chakra and stimulate Kundalini. It also stimulates the frontal lobe part of the brain. It is a soft, gentle gaze.
Here is the video for the 3-minute meditation/chant:
I hope you enjoyed this post and that it helps you get closer to a life you love and that lights you up. We are, after all, meant to enjoy the heck out of our lives. Why not?!!
Today is December 1st, and we all know what that means!!!
The Holiday season is upon us. For some of us, that brings up feelings of joy. For others, well . . . not so much.
The Holidays can be stressful, so I created a list of things I personally use to make sure it’s a holiday full of good things, not stress and struggle.
Here you go, enjoy and Happy Holidays to you all!
- First off, set your intention or theme for the month. Choose your theme from a quiet space. Take 10 minutes to meditate or get grounded and choose the first thing that comes into your mind. Don’t overthink it, just pick something…you can always change it. You can even have your theme/intention be different each week. Just be conscious about the overall feeling and vibe you want to carry with you throughout the month.
- Write down your theme for the month and place it where you can visibly see it. It’s important to create a visual link to your theme, so it becomes part of your conscious awareness each day. If you are artsy, create a “vision board” that represents your theme for the month. Choose how you want it to look. If you don’t have time for a vision board and if you don’t feel you need to write it down and keep it visible— fine! Just choose to be clear about it and remind yourself of it daily.
- Create your holiday schedule. Know what you need to do when, so there are no last minute stressors. As the saying goes ” fail to plan, plan to fail.” Just approach this month from an organized, relaxed space. You can CHOOSE to do it differently. You don’t have to say “yes” to every invitation. Say YES to having a joy-filled holiday. If that means creating healthy boundaries, so you’re not running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off, then do it. Choose you this season—it will make the giving and choosing others part of it feel much more genuine.
- Start each morning in silent meditation or prayer. This is when we solidify our theme for the month. This is when we bring our theme into our awareness and start our days from a conscious, relaxed, grounded place. My personal morning meditation is a Kundalini yoga mantra that I learned from Gabrielle Bernstein. It’s specfically for prosperity—
- Light a candle. If you don’t personally line up with Kundalini yoga, another great way to start your morning is to keep a candle next to your bed and rather than starting the day turning on a light—light a candle instead! I LOVE doing this. Even if I only have 10 minutes, I light my candle, do my meditation for 3-11 minutes and I am on my way.
- Another substitution for Kundalini is just your own personal prayer. This is just about connecting with your intention first thing in the day and also connecting to you version or spirit, God, whatever that is for you. Again, keep it simple—create something that works for you. My personal mantra that I created for myself and that is part of my book, The 2 Choices, is listed below.
- Write. Journal. Keep a notebook handy and start and/or end the day by journaling. Even if it’s just 3-4 sentences This is one of the best forms of therapy and a great way to decompress and get in touch with what’s going on with you.
- Another one of my favorite meditation CDs/audios is Abraham-Hicks, “Getting into the Vortex.” I mostly listen to this one at night, but find what works for you!
- Last, but not least—SLOW DOWN. Slow down and enjoy being with your family and friends. Don’t force yourself into the mobs of shoppers and last minute manic shopping. Choose to slow down and savor it. Do we really need more? How about being happy with what we have and truly appreciating it. Whatever your theme(s) are for the month, choose to honor it. Choose to make it just how you want to make it.
Feel free to print this list, and highlight the things that work for you. You can use this, obviously, any time of the year. Taking time to create a conscious, focused, clear plan for your days, your weeks, your months and so on—is the key to manifesting whatever you want in your life.
Manifesting success, health, money + happiness is just about being super conscious with our choices.
Enjoy, blessing and please leave a comment below and let me know what your theme is for the month!
My personal mantra for changing my vibration—fast.
The 2 Choices Mantra:
Right now, I have two choices. One will get me more in alignment with things I desire and the other will move me away from it. This ability to choose is a gift and my source of passion, connection and power.
The three M’s . . .
These are a few of my favorite topics. It didn’t used to be that way though.
My relationship with money has not always been so rosy. I had never really felt authentically in touch with money, until I really understood and practiced the art of manifesting.
I think the topic of money is a touchy subject for most people.
We can begin to shift our relationship with money by using the power of manifesting.
Most people view money as hard to come by, hard to earn and somewhat untouchable.
There is a common viewpoint that it just takes something special to be comfortable financially. There is also the common belief that you really have to struggle and work super hard for many years to be able to have and keep a substantial amount of money.
Why is that and how can we change that?
Our main beliefs about money, and anything for that matter are a large result of where we are raised, who raised us and our primary social beliefs about money. And whatever we believe about money, is what we will attract. A belief is just a thought about something that we choose to believe as true. We choose to accept it as the truth.
What we choose to believe, think and feel = our reality (for the most part).
What if we were all raised to believe that money was easy to make, easy to come by and enjoyable! What if our primary beliefs about money were positive? Think there would be less poverty and more abundance?
You see, manifesting is simply the art of lining up our energy (our feelings, thoughts, beliefs + actions) to be a match to what we desire. So, if we want more money in our lives, we have to change the way we think, feel and relate to money.
If we think money is bad, and that is is morally wrong to have too much of it, then chances are, we will never attract much of it. What we think (primarily) and what we get, are most often, an energetic match.
Now, there are exceptions and there are situations when it appears someone has positive beliefs about money and they they have some sort of crisis about it.
For example, I studied and practiced the law of attraction and manifesting for many years. We were doing really well financially and then our world collapsed with the 2007-08 US financial downturn. I was in shock and disbelief. How could this happen? I had really positive beliefs about money.
Or did I?
When I was honest with myself, I discovered that my deep seated beliefs about prosperity, were not so positive. I had a great deal of fear about losing the money we had. And guess what, we lost it.
I knew that if I wanted to have an honest and healthy relationship with money, I needed to choose to think and feel differently about it.
The good news is that in a matter of 12 months, we got it all back, and then some. Along with the prosperity piece of it, came a sense of knowing and faith that prosperity would always be in our lives. And, it just keeps getting better.
I know that money does not buy happiness, but it can ease a lot of struggles. Money is definitely not the means to happiness and it can make our lives more comfortable and enjoyable if we have a healthy relationship with it.
Here are 4 simple coaching strategies that I use to help people get started with improving their relationship with money.
- Mediate about money. I am serious. I used to strongly dislike meditating (all that sitting around was so boring and unproductive), but it has been the most MASSIVE gift. Meditating quiets the brain so we can actually feel. In order to shift our relationship with money, we have to understand how we really feel about it. Our feelings are our strongest indicators of our true beliefs….always.
- Once you have identified your primary feelings and thoughts about money—write them down. Get really conscious about these feelings and beliefs.
- Pick the ones you really want to tackle and shift. Be realistic. Choose the ones you really believe you can change. If you think this is dumb, or unreachable, it won’t work. To change it, you have to at least believe it a little bit.
- Now create a little mantra or meditation around those unwanted beliefs and affirm to yourself and the universe that they no longer serve you and you desire to replace them with positive, affirming money beliefs. I know this can seem a bit woo-woo, but its important to choose to let those beliefs go. It can go something like this ” I choose to let go of these beliefs that no longer serve me” or ” I no longer choose to believe that making money is hard or that having money is evil.” Now believe that your choice to let it go is being answered. Believe it. Know it. Feel it.
- Now create a new list of positive thoughts and feelings about money. These will replace the ones you just let go of! If you can’t think of anything, just create a list of a few things you can do that you enjoy, and that raise your vibration. Do these things when you are having those negative money feelings come up, just acknowledge they are there and then get in a good feeling place. Feeling good is the key to being a manifesting ninja (plus the action part!!!)
Commit to this for at least 2 weeks. Do your best. We didn’t develop our negative beliefs overnight, so be easy on yourself, but know that it can and will shift if you commit and believe that it will.
Remember, creating what you want in life starts with a choice. Creating the exact wealth you want, starts with a choice.