It is truly amazing what happens when a group of conscious people come together for the purpose of personal growth, healing and stepping into beauty and truth. I just got back from an event in San Diego with some dear friends and one of my mentors—that’s us in the picture!
This event was inspiring, to say the least.
My biggest take away from this experience was a newfound love for setting intentions.
What’s an intention?
An intention is defined as: noun 1. a thing intended; an aim or plan.
And taking that even further and deeper into a spiritual or personal growth level—an intention is a personal statement of what you desire or intend to create in your day, your present moment and even for the overall scope of your life. An intention is somewhat of a personal mission statement. It’s a way to affirm to the universe exactly what you desire.
Here is a brief list of things you can do to set intentions that will get you on track to creating what you want in your life:
- Identify what feels like the most important thing for you—is it better health, more money, improved relationships, feeling better about your outlook on life, getting a book deal, selling your home?
- What would be your ideal result with the intention you choose?
- Write down your intention in the form of a statement. For example, “It is my intention to…..earn 6 figures this year, close this deal today, enjoy exercising, get the most out of an event you are attending, manifest money to take a trip you have been wanting to take.
- What would having this result or outome feel like to you? Identify how having this intention come true would feel.
- Turning intentions into reality has a lot to do with how well and how conneted you are to what you desire. Choose things that you know and feel to be in alignment with your highest truth and that just feel really delicious to you.
- Be specific about your intentions. Infuse all your senses into it…taste, smell, sight, touch, hearing, intuition.
- Celebrate when your intentions become reality! Let the universe know that you appreciate being heard and that you acknowledge the power of intention.
- Be consistent and do this often! In order to make a significant change in your life, you have to CHOOSE to commit to doing things differently. That starts with taking 5 minutes a day to write down your intentions and staying connected to them throughout the day, month, year…..your life!
It’s often the little things that can make the biggest differences in our lives and setting clear, powerful, consistent intentions is one way to make that big difference. Choosing an intention is, in effect, choosing your vibration and choosing what energy you put out in the world. It’s making a conscious choice in what you want each moment to feel and look like. It’s another great tool to use in the quest to manifest a life you love.
p.s. I am opening a 3 spots for private coaching and VIP days. E-mail [email protected] to schedule your personal energetic match assessment. xo
Yes please, I will take that! How about you?
Are you on board to make more (money, happiness + dreams come true), play more and work less?
Who wouldn’t want this? Isn’t this the ultimate definition of success?
And the honest to goodness truth, for me, is that I LOVE my work so much, that it feels like play to me. I found a way to turn my work into something I love and enjoy rather than a “have to,” a bummer or a disconnect from my bigger truth.
It didn’t used to be this way though. . .
I felt I had to sacrifice, struggle and do things that didn’t really turn me on in order to make it.
And I was miserable, disconnected, bored and dead inside. Can you relate?
How can we turn our work into something that feeds us, lights us up and excites us? How can we work less (or love what we do), play more and make more?
Here are some of the basic steps we need to take to get on this path:
- Take some quiet time to get super clear about how you feel about your current relationship to your work. Do you enjoy it? Is it full fullfiling? Are you happy doing what you do?
- If money all of a sudden wasn’t an issue in your life, would you continue doing this work, at least on some level? Is this sort of work interesting and enjoyable to you?
- Sit with your answer. If it’s a definite “no,” and you are not happy with your work, couldn’t care less about continuing to do it, then it’s time to consider a change . . . either in how you perceive it, or changing your work altogether. I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO RUN OUT AND QUIT YOUR JOB TODAY! I am, however, encouraging you to honestly examine this part of your life. We spend so much time at work (most of us) so it’s critical to like what you do or change it if you don’t.
- What do you love? Write a list. What are possible careers or work that you would LOVE to do? Make a list of these things, and start to research the possibility of maybe slowly moving in this direction. Could you start this work part time and keep your regular job? Say this career that you would love to do is music. How about taking music classes or finding other local musicians to collaborate with? Maybe that little bit of shift and adding a bit more of what you love into your life would actually shift how you feel about your main job.
- Start to play more! Just add silliness, lightheartedness and fun into your life. Be a kid again. Find your innocence through play. Create a list of what those things are for you and commit to doing them a few times a week.
- MONEY! In order to make more, play more and work less, we have to see it, dream it and know it before we actually start to see the physical evidence of it in our lives. Make a commitment to following the basics of manifesting (see this link) and start to shift your belief system about what is actually possible. We have to shift our beliefs and feelings about a certain thing in order to shift the thing.
The main thing to remember when we desire to shift anything in our lives—our money situation, our health, our feelings about success and happiness—is to affirm it first. We need to make a conscious CHOICE to oursleves and the universe that we are committed to working less (or changing how we feel about our work), playing more and making more.
State it out loud, on paper and on a reagular basis. Choose to put that vibration out into the world. Words hold energy and power, so start choosing the words, feelings and thoughts that support what you want rather than what you don’t want.
Start each day saying— “I choose happiness today. I choose thoughts of abundance today. I choose patience today. I choose love today. I choose to be organized and efficient today.” Do this on a consistent basis, let go of attachment to results and you are on your way to manifesting your desires!
It is that simple, if you choose it to be!
How are you committing to a more playful, abundant life? What small action steps are you taking right now to get on track with your desires? Leave a comment and let me know!
In love, gratitude and playfulness!
Today is December 1st, and we all know what that means!!!
The Holiday season is upon us. For some of us, that brings up feelings of joy. For others, well . . . not so much.
The Holidays can be stressful, so I created a list of things I personally use to make sure it’s a holiday full of good things, not stress and struggle.
Here you go, enjoy and Happy Holidays to you all!
- First off, set your intention or theme for the month. Choose your theme from a quiet space. Take 10 minutes to meditate or get grounded and choose the first thing that comes into your mind. Don’t overthink it, just pick something…you can always change it. You can even have your theme/intention be different each week. Just be conscious about the overall feeling and vibe you want to carry with you throughout the month.
- Write down your theme for the month and place it where you can visibly see it. It’s important to create a visual link to your theme, so it becomes part of your conscious awareness each day. If you are artsy, create a “vision board” that represents your theme for the month. Choose how you want it to look. If you don’t have time for a vision board and if you don’t feel you need to write it down and keep it visible— fine! Just choose to be clear about it and remind yourself of it daily.
- Create your holiday schedule. Know what you need to do when, so there are no last minute stressors. As the saying goes ” fail to plan, plan to fail.” Just approach this month from an organized, relaxed space. You can CHOOSE to do it differently. You don’t have to say “yes” to every invitation. Say YES to having a joy-filled holiday. If that means creating healthy boundaries, so you’re not running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off, then do it. Choose you this season—it will make the giving and choosing others part of it feel much more genuine.
- Start each morning in silent meditation or prayer. This is when we solidify our theme for the month. This is when we bring our theme into our awareness and start our days from a conscious, relaxed, grounded place. My personal morning meditation is a Kundalini yoga mantra that I learned from Gabrielle Bernstein. It’s specfically for prosperity—
- Light a candle. If you don’t personally line up with Kundalini yoga, another great way to start your morning is to keep a candle next to your bed and rather than starting the day turning on a light—light a candle instead! I LOVE doing this. Even if I only have 10 minutes, I light my candle, do my meditation for 3-11 minutes and I am on my way.
- Another substitution for Kundalini is just your own personal prayer. This is just about connecting with your intention first thing in the day and also connecting to you version or spirit, God, whatever that is for you. Again, keep it simple—create something that works for you. My personal mantra that I created for myself and that is part of my book, The 2 Choices, is listed below.
- Write. Journal. Keep a notebook handy and start and/or end the day by journaling. Even if it’s just 3-4 sentences This is one of the best forms of therapy and a great way to decompress and get in touch with what’s going on with you.
- Another one of my favorite meditation CDs/audios is Abraham-Hicks, “Getting into the Vortex.” I mostly listen to this one at night, but find what works for you!
- Last, but not least—SLOW DOWN. Slow down and enjoy being with your family and friends. Don’t force yourself into the mobs of shoppers and last minute manic shopping. Choose to slow down and savor it. Do we really need more? How about being happy with what we have and truly appreciating it. Whatever your theme(s) are for the month, choose to honor it. Choose to make it just how you want to make it.
Feel free to print this list, and highlight the things that work for you. You can use this, obviously, any time of the year. Taking time to create a conscious, focused, clear plan for your days, your weeks, your months and so on—is the key to manifesting whatever you want in your life.
Manifesting success, health, money + happiness is just about being super conscious with our choices.
Enjoy, blessing and please leave a comment below and let me know what your theme is for the month!
My personal mantra for changing my vibration—fast.
The 2 Choices Mantra:
Right now, I have two choices. One will get me more in alignment with things I desire and the other will move me away from it. This ability to choose is a gift and my source of passion, connection and power.
The three M’s . . .
These are a few of my favorite topics. It didn’t used to be that way though.
My relationship with money has not always been so rosy. I had never really felt authentically in touch with money, until I really understood and practiced the art of manifesting.
I think the topic of money is a touchy subject for most people.
We can begin to shift our relationship with money by using the power of manifesting.
Most people view money as hard to come by, hard to earn and somewhat untouchable.
There is a common viewpoint that it just takes something special to be comfortable financially. There is also the common belief that you really have to struggle and work super hard for many years to be able to have and keep a substantial amount of money.
Why is that and how can we change that?
Our main beliefs about money, and anything for that matter are a large result of where we are raised, who raised us and our primary social beliefs about money. And whatever we believe about money, is what we will attract. A belief is just a thought about something that we choose to believe as true. We choose to accept it as the truth.
What we choose to believe, think and feel = our reality (for the most part).
What if we were all raised to believe that money was easy to make, easy to come by and enjoyable! What if our primary beliefs about money were positive? Think there would be less poverty and more abundance?
You see, manifesting is simply the art of lining up our energy (our feelings, thoughts, beliefs + actions) to be a match to what we desire. So, if we want more money in our lives, we have to change the way we think, feel and relate to money.
If we think money is bad, and that is is morally wrong to have too much of it, then chances are, we will never attract much of it. What we think (primarily) and what we get, are most often, an energetic match.
Now, there are exceptions and there are situations when it appears someone has positive beliefs about money and they they have some sort of crisis about it.
For example, I studied and practiced the law of attraction and manifesting for many years. We were doing really well financially and then our world collapsed with the 2007-08 US financial downturn. I was in shock and disbelief. How could this happen? I had really positive beliefs about money.
Or did I?
When I was honest with myself, I discovered that my deep seated beliefs about prosperity, were not so positive. I had a great deal of fear about losing the money we had. And guess what, we lost it.
I knew that if I wanted to have an honest and healthy relationship with money, I needed to choose to think and feel differently about it.
The good news is that in a matter of 12 months, we got it all back, and then some. Along with the prosperity piece of it, came a sense of knowing and faith that prosperity would always be in our lives. And, it just keeps getting better.
I know that money does not buy happiness, but it can ease a lot of struggles. Money is definitely not the means to happiness and it can make our lives more comfortable and enjoyable if we have a healthy relationship with it.
Here are 4 simple coaching strategies that I use to help people get started with improving their relationship with money.
- Mediate about money. I am serious. I used to strongly dislike meditating (all that sitting around was so boring and unproductive), but it has been the most MASSIVE gift. Meditating quiets the brain so we can actually feel. In order to shift our relationship with money, we have to understand how we really feel about it. Our feelings are our strongest indicators of our true beliefs….always.
- Once you have identified your primary feelings and thoughts about money—write them down. Get really conscious about these feelings and beliefs.
- Pick the ones you really want to tackle and shift. Be realistic. Choose the ones you really believe you can change. If you think this is dumb, or unreachable, it won’t work. To change it, you have to at least believe it a little bit.
- Now create a little mantra or meditation around those unwanted beliefs and affirm to yourself and the universe that they no longer serve you and you desire to replace them with positive, affirming money beliefs. I know this can seem a bit woo-woo, but its important to choose to let those beliefs go. It can go something like this ” I choose to let go of these beliefs that no longer serve me” or ” I no longer choose to believe that making money is hard or that having money is evil.” Now believe that your choice to let it go is being answered. Believe it. Know it. Feel it.
- Now create a new list of positive thoughts and feelings about money. These will replace the ones you just let go of! If you can’t think of anything, just create a list of a few things you can do that you enjoy, and that raise your vibration. Do these things when you are having those negative money feelings come up, just acknowledge they are there and then get in a good feeling place. Feeling good is the key to being a manifesting ninja (plus the action part!!!)
Commit to this for at least 2 weeks. Do your best. We didn’t develop our negative beliefs overnight, so be easy on yourself, but know that it can and will shift if you commit and believe that it will.
Remember, creating what you want in life starts with a choice. Creating the exact wealth you want, starts with a choice.