A meditation altar is a place you set aside in your home that’s primary use is a place to meditate and/or pray.
I am a HUGE fan of meditating and it is a critical choice for us to make if we want to quiet our minds, set powerful intentions and be on the road to manifesting the health, wealth, and happiness that we desire.It’s sort of a “mini-sanctuary” or place of worship, that you can have right there in your own space—no travel required.
It’s a way to anchor yourself into a mediation practice as well as serving as a friendly reminder when you see it. You don’t have to be super spiritual or religious to set one up and it doesn’t have to be super fancy-pants.
Why do you need one?
- Because it reminds you to sit your butt down and do it and it’s good for you.
- Doing it will help you get closer to you, your desires and how to acheive them.
- Knowing your desires, what you want and your deepest truth is the key to having the life you dream of.
- Having the life you dream of, is, as the saying goes . . . the bees knees! It’s the wealth we desire. It’s the career we crave. It’s the radant health we want. It’s the deep, internal happiness we know we deserve.
So that is why you may want to consider affirming your commitment to self, by creating this sacred space. You are telling the universe that it matters to you, that you are putting the energy into creating it and sitting down and doing it.
How do you create a meditation altar and what exactly is involved?
- You need whatever you think should go there, so a bit of creativity and self exploration is needed to get started.
- Choose a small table (or something that deliniates it as your meditation area) and begin the process of placing items on your altar that are reminders of what it is that you desire. If you desire wealth, place something there to remind you of that. It could be a small vision board or something that easily reminds you of your desire for wealth.
- You can take 5 minutes to create your space, or an hour. Completely depends on what you want to create. It should be simple and represent clarity, peace and calm for you. This is where you go to get in your manifesting zone.
- Items you can place on your altar are pictures of what spirituality or your faith represents for you, candles, beautiful fabrics or cloths, mediation bowls, mantras. You name it!
Choose to do what feels good to you. If you are seeking significant change, then sometimes it’s necessay to change it up and do something radically different. An altar doesn’t have to be hippy-dippy either. It can be a gorgeous place to showcase beautiful art, or something that symbolizes your desires. It can be scented candles that you love with pictures of your kiddos by it. It can be a beautiful vase on fresh flowers.
It doesn’t have to be a big deal and can just be a place you set up to remind you to breath and be focused on your intentions and desires for the day. You don’t necessarily have to sit down cross-legged in front of it for hours a day in order for it to be beneficial to you either.
Above all, choose to create an altar of some sorts, whether it be one that is physically present in you home, or just in your heart. Create a sacred space where you can get away and focus on creating the life you want.
Choose your way to the health you desire, the wealth you desire and the happiness you deserve.
p.s. the picture above is one of my altars in my home! Take a pitcure of yours and post it on my site, if you feel inspired! I would love to see what you choose.